Thursday, September 28, 2023

Jordan: The King's Highway from Amman to Petra

9/26/2023 - Arrive in Amman


I had an uneventful drive to Tampa, content to maintain the speed limit thanks to the trucks ahead of me in the slow lane, letting them bear the fury and digital salutes from commuters in a hurry.

Thirteen hours in the air. Delicious lunch of Kung Pao Chicken and noodles at Pei Wei in Tampa Airport, followed by a delightful and enjoyable reunion and dinner at Burgers Grilled Right with former high school classmate Marianne Halpin Stana, who was kind enough to rescue me from a six-hour layover at Dulles Airport.

My delightful seatmates were a married couple from Kurdistan who now reside in Colorado, each from a family of 10 siblings. 

All flights arrived and departed on time. But best of all, Jordanian Moa from OAT deftly whisked us through many visas, customs, TSA checks, baggage claims, and our assigned drivers in record time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Israel: The Holy Land and Timeless Cultures

   10/16/2023 - Parting Thoughts... I went to Israel to learn and better understand the country, its people, and its history.  I came away w...